This project is read-only.

sql query for rss

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Hi

Wanted a quick info on your RTP RSS Feed generator module. I tried writing a query as below, but I am not able to get the results. Goes to the error page. Does it required stored proc only.

Event Viewer does not show any errors. It just gets redirected to ErrorPage.aspx

Query
--------

SELECT a.[Title],a.[Description],'http://www.brantford.ca' + REPLACE(b.[TabPath], '//', '/') + '/tabid/' + CONVERT(VARCHAR,a.[TabID]) + '/vw/3/itemid/' + CONVERT(VARCHAR,a.[ItemID]) + '/d/' + CONVERT(VARCHAR(8), a.[StartDate], 112) + '/' + REPLACE(REPLACE(RTrim(LTrim(a.[Title])),' ','-'),'&','') + '.aspx' Link 
FROM [dbo].[cob_EventsCalendar] a, [dbo].[cob_Tabs] b 
where a.TabID = b.TabID 
and a.[IsApproved] = 1 
and CONVERT(VARCHAR(10), a.[StartDate], 101) >= CONVERT(VARCHAR(10), GETDATE(), 101) order by a.[StartDate]

Thanks
Muzammil

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I probably won't look at this further tonight, it's late in the UK. Have you run this via the Host/SQL dialogue to make sure it is valid? Or via SQL Server Management Studio?

I'm not sure what the ErrorPage.aspx is that your refer to, have you got some sort of redirect on your site when you get an error?

Cheers
Roger

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:23 PM
SQL runs fine, get required results. ErrorPage.aspx is default dotnetnuke page, when any exception occurs.

Muzammil

To: mrajpurkar@brantford.ca
Date: 06/06/2011 05:32 PM
Subject: Re: sql query for rss [RTPRSSFeed:260398]

I probably won't look at this further tonight, it's late in the UK. Have you run this via the Host/SQL dialogue to make sure it is valid? Or via SQL Server Management Studio?

I'm not sure what the ErrorPage.aspx is that your refer to, have you got some sort of redirect on your site when you get an error?

Cheers
Roger

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (RTPRSSFeed@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email RTPRSSFeed@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jun 11, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Does it give any extra infomation on the error page?

Thanks
Roger

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Sorry it doesn't. Would it be connection issue. Did you check my query, is it ok for your component?

Sent: 06/11/2011 02:45 AM MST
To: Muzammil Rajpurkar
Subject: Re: sql query for rss [RTPRSSFeed:260398]

Does it give any extra infomation on the error page?

Thanks
Roger

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I can'trun your query because I don't have the same modules. I think the event calendar you have is a purchaseable item? The thing is when I run your query in the module I get an error page that shows what is wrong with the query (invalid column name or the like since I don't have EventsCalendar installed). Any other time I get an error in DNN it will display the errow, or provide an error in the Event Viewer. If you are prepared to give me host access to your site, I will dig further. If so PM me direct and I'll give you my email. It may be a data issue I'm not dealing with, I just can't see from your query why it doesn't work.

Cheers
Roger